As we head into our weightlifting sessions it is important to keep in mind our strengths and weaknesses as athletes. Accordingly, this week’s blog asks you to establish a “baseline” assessment of your “self” in the following fitness categories:
1. Strength – Ability to exert force on an object.
2. Power – Ability to exert force on an object in a short amount of time.
3. Speed – Ability to move body quickly.
4. Agility – Ability to change direction, pace and body position – Pursuit and Evasion.
5. Endurance – Ability to repeat efforts.
6. Coordination – Ability to move body with or without an object through space.
For this weeks blog, please rank yourself on a scale of 1-4 on the following 6 categories. 1 = I need to improve, 4 = I’ve worked hard to be great at this.
As always, please email the coaching staff a link to your published blog post by Sunday February 7, 2016 at 9pm.